Friday, August 15, 2008

Arney & Mary were wed August 15th, 1963

Arney and I knew each other in Jr. High, but we were just friends. I moved to Placerville, California while he lived in Compton, California. so were were 500 miles from each other. I came to visit a friend, she gave a party for me and Arney came. We instantly found a bond and after I went back home we wrote to each other for almost a year without seeing each other. In that exchange of letters we knew each other in a personal way that may not have been without the distance between us. We didn't have a pan to cook in or a towel to dry after a bath....but we had love and our adventure began. Five years later we had our first son Trevor, then Cory and last but not least Jenny.
Now we have 6 grandchildren and another one on the way. I think we might stay together???

6 comments:

Jodi said...

lol - I think it's going to stick. ;o)

Happy 45th Wedding Anniversary to you and your sweetie!

JR and I met at church and started dating right before my senior year of high school. He left for basic training 6 months later ... then overseas. We dated through the mail, too. I thought this ...

In that exchange of letters we knew each other in a personal way that may not have been without the distance between us.

... was perfectly stated!

Janet said...

Happy Anniversary!! You and Arney look so cute in the photo. You seem to have found each other at just the right time.

Vanessa said...

That is so romantic! I love the photo too!

Viola said...

Happy Anniversary, Mary!! Really a lovely photo! And thank you so much for your kind comment! Have a great weekend! :o)

Cat said...

That is so sweeeeet!
Happy Aniversary!

Crayons said...

That is such a classic photo. I guess I was in 3rd grade at the time, so I don't remember what life was like for adults. I like to think that it was exhilerating.

What a blessing to have found the right person... or to have become the right person.