Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Remember this?

Here is my new addition, of course it is very old, but that is what makes it special. I learned to type on one not unlike this. You forget how hard that you have to hit the key. Or the sound
it makes. It needs to be fine tuned...Arney will take the little bugs out of it. Typewriter, who knew I would want this old thing. It has great old letters. I am not sure what part it will take in my crafting. Maybe just for fun. It works really good, I will have to get a new tape for it, that should be hard to find...yikes. Just a little trip down memory lane.
Happy Fall, the air smells so fresh and good. But my feet are already starting to get cold....Oh My!




3 comments:

Carrie J said...

I don't think I could bear to take it apart for anything. It would look lovely sitting on an antique desk. We used to spay something on typewriter ribbons to make them work longer, unfortunately I can't remember what it was. Typed phrases would be a nice addition to your pieces.

ShabbyInTheCity said...

Love it! I keep putting mine on display and the boys hate it and keep moving it away somewhere else. :( Bad boys.

Patty said...

Hi
I came to visit via Celtic Lady. Love the typewritter. My dad brought home one like this when I was a teenger and that is what I learned to type on.