Tuesday, April 13, 2010

A Journal for Alexis

Alexis will be 8 in a few days. I think she will like this as part of her gift. I really liked the way the writing pages were done, I think she can draw a picture on the top part and then write something in the lines...I also put a see through pocket for little things she might like to save on the inside of the back page. I am going to put little notes to her there...just little love notes to my Granddaughter, I think she will like that.



This is my first project since being ill....But I have not been idle...I have spent hours researching my family Tree. It takes allot of time, but I think it is really worth while for my kids and myself. I have already found family that were really lost to me. Arney got us started. I have dreamed about this the last couple of nights, putting people in the right order and looking for photos and stories can really take your life over. Today I took all that I have learned and put into binders so that it will be less complicated to go back to each person. I am finding some really good stuff, the stores are the best, this is a fun adventure.
I have started another blog that I have named Our House. You will find the link at the top of the page on the left. It is random things, no order to it...just things I want to share with my family and friends. It is still raining and not as warm as we wish it could be, but I have been in the flower garden cleaning and getting every plant happier. Arney has been trimming trees and hauling stuff off to the local dump.
I plan to go to each of your blogs and see all that you have done while I have been under the control of my ancestors. Love, Mary

9 comments:

MY JOURNEY TO A HAPPY HEALTHIER ME.... said...

I think that she will love it! She is so lucky to have such a creative Grandma- can't wait to see what you do with all of your family history that you are finding.
Love- Sara

Bandit's Pack said...

What a special book you've created for your granddaughter. I have watched a few episodes of "Who Do You Think You Are" and there've been some amazing stories. Have fun researching your families' roots.

Kate Robertson said...

She will love it. I am doing the genealogy thing too. Fun, rewarding and so time consuming.

Queen Bee's Musings said...

alexis will truley love it. Very nice.. searching our families always a interesting fun hobby. love it also.

Sweet Old Vintage said...

What a thoughtful and neat gift....

Lynn Cohen said...

Alexis' book is precious. I hope she is a writer and a drawer and will love it like you want her too.
Love the photo of her on the front and the special little envelopes for love notes.

Sorry you were ill, glad you are better.

I'll peek in to see the family news too if that is okay. Love that you got so much family history compliled. That is nice to have to pass on to future generations. Don't forget to add yourself!

Lynn Cohen said...

Just to let you know I went to the "family" blog and enjoyed reading it all. You have such a flare for writing. And it was all so very interesting. What state I wondered was the ship yard in?
I grew up in Vallejo, CA where there was a ship yard...also during the same years as you were growing up. Just wondering.

Lena said...

Mary, this journal is such a wonderful idea. I really like it, and I think your grandaughter is going to treasure it, espcially all the little notes you will include to her.

I just watched that new tv show where celebrities trace their family trees, and found it fascinating. A distant relative of mine started doing that a few years ago, and I really enjoyed reading the things that she discovered. What a gift that will be for your family to have and hopefully, carry on into the future.

It's been sunny and very pretty here lately, but still too cold to do much planting. I still have lots of clean up to do though, so that's ok.

I hope you are feeling very much better and will stay healthy now.

Take care,
Lena

Julie said...

You are such a nice grammy!

I am so happy that you are doing so well in your research. My first cousin, my female second cousin and my male second cousin all seem to be stuck right now, and they represent all four branches of my family.