Sunday, May 2, 2010

A little like Alice In Wonderland...

Feeling a little like Alice....Going places I have never been and meeting up with the unknown. Trying to understand the where, when and how come of generations....I almost feel like I have fallen into Wonderland, where time and space is not as it seems. Things that I thought I knew are not there, walking in the dark, trying to find my way through names, dates, tombstones and old houses where they once lived. I do not sleep well, I seem to have been taken over by the next find, the next person, who are they, were they happy, was it to hard but they made that choice and what will be will be. Time, no time, if left to my own doing and not needing sleep...I would stay right here in Wonderland. It is a mania of some kind I think. But like Alice, I will find my way back...but mean while....here I am in Wonderland.....

8 comments:

Susan deGeneres said...

Hi Mary,
I love exploring family history too, and I love your scrapbook pages. I wish I knew how to do what you do so well! Stop by and see my treasures next time you come up for air. LOL.
Hugs, Susan

Lynn Cohen said...

It sounds like any mania we get into... this or making art, any of it can become an obsession that makes us lose sleep.

Enjoy your adventures in Wonderland. Perhaps you can rest a bit under that large toadstool, just long enough to collect some energy before you move on further...on this journey of discovery.

M Hastings said...

Good luck finding your way through your Wonderland!

Silver Strands said...

Love it! And I really like your taste in music too :)

Denalee

Janet said...

Sounds like you're really enjoying your new adventure in wonderland! I hope you have lots of good luck tracing your family roots. Also love the page you created.

OLLIE MCKAY'S ~ A Chic Boutique said...

Have fun in Wonderland ~ that's what it's all about anyhow ~ right??!! :) So glad to have landed on your Blog ~ Although, as most other times, I'm never quite sure how I got there ~ LOL! Happy Tuesday!

Betzie said...

This is really cute Mary! I do hope you find your way...I'm sure you will and enjoy your journey!! XOXO

UerBlge said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.