Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving!

 

Christmas-dinner

Winter has come to our town. The high today was 12 and it will be between 1 or 3 this night. i burned wood today and a little last night. The fire is truly delightful. I baked all day for tomorrows gathering with our family. I was watching the  6 o’clock news and there are so many people out in the cold. My first thought is that we should open our door and let some of the people in…but then fear came to me, what if they were so desperate that they would hurt us…I remember my Grandmama feeding strangers when I was a little girl. She wasn’t afraid. There are families sleeping out in the cold because they are afraid of the people in the shelters. I know that I will go to bed tonight thinking that I am not brave…and when did I become this way?

I want to take this time to thank you all for coming to my blog. You do not come to my home, but I look for your visit. I have not given you a hug, but in my heart I have. You give more than I could ever express. I never take you for granted, I would miss each and everyone of you if we didn’t meet here in Blog land.

          Hugs, Mary

10 comments:

Janet said...

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving! I'm sending you hugs, too. I'm glad we met here in Blogland....you're one of my favorite people.

Queen Bee's Musings said...

Thanks and hugs back to you :}

Queen Bee's Musings said...

Thanks and hugs back to you :}

Queen Bee's Musings said...

Thanks and hugs back to you :}

Sharon Tomlinson said...

Hi Mary, Wishing you a wonderful Tanksgiving and thankful for you.

Lynn Cohen said...

Dear dear Mary, Your posts on your blog always touch my heart in some way or another. I know if I knew you "in person" I'd want to be your close friend. I feel blessed to have found you here in blogland.

That photo at the top could be you and siblings as children, I know it.

I too thought about the people who would be sleeping outside last night, as we were also promised if not as cold as where you are freezing temperatures. We are so fortunate to have roofs over our head.

Today I will cook a feast and tomorrow my family and some friends will come to eat it. ;-)
For this I feel blessed again.

I'm not that brave either. A pity.

Hugs to you and to your family. I wish you the happiest of Thanksgiving. We all have so much to be thankful for!

Your friend,
Lynn xoxo

Jodi said...

Mary ~ Wishing you and your Arney a very Happy Thanksgiving!

A thought provoking post ... sometimes it's hard to know how to reach out, isn't it?

The Feathered Nest said...

You are so precious to me sweet Mary!!! I always, ALWAYS love reading your wonderful posts ~ I wish I could hug you right now dear friend!!! sending you hugs and love across the miles, Dawn

Bandit's Pack said...

Hi, Mary! I hope you and your family had a lovely Thanksgiving. Bandit's doing very well. He's looking forward to his second Christmas. I wanted you to know I was thinking about you. Here's the snow widget, if you're interested. I remember you had it on your blog last year. I just found the link again: http://www.bloggerbuster.com/2008/12/simple-snow-effect-widget-for-blogger.html
Hugs, Nancy and Bandit

DJ said...

Mary,
Even if we're not brave enough to entertain strangers in our home, you & I can still offer up prayers for them that their needs be fulfilled. I'll gladly join you in doing so this winter. Thanks for reminding me of those less fortunate!
Love & Warmth,
DJ