Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Scribbler

Tex 001

I put this together this afternoon, it was easy to put together because I read a article on this. It got me thinking about all the things we have that take us away from nature. When you see someone on their cell phone while driving…and who uses cash money? Have we traded all our time to the stuff we think we have to have. What would I do without  my computer:( I used to leave my landline phone and go wherever, now I take my cell phone with me, when did this become so important. If I forget it, Oh My Goodness, it’s awful. I do face book but was never faithful to it, but since my friend in California is on there, I am on it almost everyday. If my electricity was off for more than a few minutes….What would I do??? I decided that this cabin fever is getting to me, just stop raining and let the ground dry up and I promise more time will be spent outside. “I Hope!”

IS IT SPRING YET?

4 comments:

Twyla and Lindsey said...

I hear you! I spend too much time on the computer and if I forget my phone I feel positively vulnerable. Totally unsafe! What a different world we live in. I am not a real outdoorsy girl, but it does me good when I get out for a walk. I do try to do that most every day since it's warmed up. I hope your spring comes soon! Twyla

Lynn Cohen said...

It's spring where I am! I hear you about all those "appliances" we have become addicted to NEEDING. I sure am to my computer. I remember when I wondered what I would ever need one for. LOL
How it has expanded my world/LIFE.
Not so attached to my cell phone. It's lost most of the time anyway...mostly use to see when DH is getting home. Now my sewing machine, that's a machine I wouldn't want to be without.
I traded in gardening for making art (inside mostly)... But I really wondered why my SIL needed an IPAD when he has a computer and an IPHONE already!??? And for $500? Oy vey!

Janet said...

I have a cell phone but seldom remember to turn it on. I personally don't want to be reachable 24/7!! I like having my quiet time. As for the computer I just finished a blog break because I needed time away from it all. I love how I'm connected with so many people but at the same time it's very time consuming. So I hear what you're saying.

Mary Bee said...

Oh but Mary, I'm still in California, and I'm still your BFF, so you can't leave electricity behind, but if I moved to Idaho into your barn, then we could share the nature of Idaho every day.