Wednesday, June 27, 2012

A Tiny visitor.

rufous-hummingbird-painting-by-susan-bourdet-A085863841

The past few months have been hard on the Evans family….Arney got home from California Saturday….His mother is now at rest, she lived 93 years. She is missed. Before going back to work Arney spent 3 days reflecting & resting. Monday he walked into the entry room from the back door to find a beautiful Hummingbird. We had left the back door open for our dogs…Finn and LB. We were so glad it found it’s way out without getting hurt. I have Sweet peas growing on the fence in my back yard and the Hummingbirds love them. Sometimes we are so involved in the big things, we forget how sweet a hummingbirds visit might be.

          Happy Summer!

3 comments:

Ruth Kelly said...

It's hard to lose a loved one but it is also part of life. I hope that your Arney is blessed with peace.

NanaDiana said...

I am sorry to hear about Arney's mother. It is never easy to lose a parent no matter HOW OLD they are. Blessings do come in small unexpected ways though, don't they? xo Diana

Lori Anderson said...

I adore sweet peas and other old-fashioned flowers.

And thank you so much for reading my blog today. I was afraid to post it ... I share a LOT about myself on my blog but this one was a bit raw.