Friday, August 2, 2013

Before and After

A few years ago

these two chairs were bought for 35.00 at a yard sale. I had thought of redoing them myself, but was not sure that I could really do them. Then I thought of slipcovers and could not fined a fit because these chairs are very old.

Arney and I decided this would be our Anniversary present to each other.So we had them done and I love em. Here is the before and after.Bella #2 001

chair 004 chair 005

Our 50th anniversary is the 15th….yes, we got married just after we were born:)

5 comments:

NanaDiana said...

Oh- They looks great and better than new. Happy Anniversary. I suppose you had to get special permission to marry that young?;>) xo Diana

Susie said...

Shopgirl, Happy anniversary to you and your sweetheart. My brother and his wife just celebrated 50 years and I told him she deserved a metal LOL. You know I had to pick on my big brother.:) I like those chairs. Good for you ,treating yourselves to something so nice.xoxo,Susie

Janet said...

Happy Anniversary! Fifty years is quite an accomplishment.

The chairs look beautiful. I love that deep red. I have an older wing back chair that I'd like to have re-done and I always thought it would look good in red.

Unknown said...

That's a really good work! They look awesome!

Ruth Kelly said...

First off and foremost, congratulations on the grand 50 years. Those chairs are gorgeous - love the color and style.