Sunday, March 16, 2014

How Irish are you?

How Irish are you? Since I have been working on our family Pedigree for sometime now, I find a lot of Irish blood. First I have red hair which seems to tell a lot about me, and brown eyes. And if you put Arney's family with mine it gets even more so for our kids. So here is a list of surnames that float around in my family line. Davis, Durbin, Bradley, Robey, Taylor, Collins, MacColinn. So here's to us, Irish to the bone.stock-photo-old-irish-cottage-house-99738452

You might ask why does it matter where we come from? It matters because they lived, and we are all they have left….

5 comments:

Susie said...

My SIL has done a study of our back grounds. We are of Irish decent. We lived down the street from a really Irish bunch, when I was young. The mom and all her brothers came to the US after WW2. Hope you have a wonderful day tomorrow. I am wishing for more springlike weather. xoxox,Susie

Ruth Kelly said...

Happy St. Patrick's Day to you my Irish friend. I have a few Irish names in my tree as well. Maguire for one.

Anonymous said...

Speaking of Ireland . . . I took my own "virtual tour" of Ireland a while back. Every day I walked here at home, and on the map of Ireland, plotted my footsteps/miles - travels. Every town I came to, I Googled info and learned so much! I kept a blog of my travels and kept a record of the B & B's I stayed at and the people I met in the town. Really fun!

RETA@ http://evenhaazer.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

pretty nice blog, following :)

Queen Bee's Musings said...

Great quote. So true!