Thursday, August 21, 2014

apple pie enchiladas

Apple Pie Enchiladas
These are incredible easy to make and are Out Of This World Good!
*Please Share Me*
Ingredients:...
1 (21 ounce) can apple pie filling
6 (8 inch) flour tortillas
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup water
1 teaspoon vanilla
Spoon about one heaping quarter cup of pie filling evenly down the center of each tortilla. Sprinkle with cinnamon (I have my cinnamon in a shaker bottle, so I just sprinkle some on each as I am rolling them) roll up, tucking in edges; and place seam side down in prepared dish.
In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine butter, white sugar, brown sugar and water. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly; reduce heat and simmer 3 minutes, remove from heat and stir in 1 teaspoon vanilla.
Pour sauce over enchiladas and let stand 45 minutes ..
Don't rush the 45 minute resting time for the sauce on the enchiladas before baking, this step helps to magically transforms the flour tortillas into a faux pasty dough
Bake in preheated oven at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes, or until golden
Enjoy!!
Each sauce recipe is enough for 6 Apple Pie Enchiladas
*I usually make a double batch of sauce ..
Its That Good!
PLEASE take a minute to visit some of our other Hints, Tips and Recipes right here, on our new page "OMG! I gotta try that..." @ https://facebook.com/omgigottatrythat and "LIKE" and "SHARE" the page. Thanks Kathy !See More

1 comment:

Janet said...

These sound delicious! When we get cooler weather I'll definitely try these but during the summer months I don't ever use my oven.