Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Lavender Fun!

I got up bright and early to cut Lavender this morning. And right in the middle of my fun it started to rain. And now the sun is shinning, and it will be about 80 today. This is for a very dear friend that I have known sense 1982. She is a lovely lady that is so talented. She teaches, and plays piano, and is a crafting artist. So I made her this arrangement this morning and put it on her porch. A little Thank You for always understanding me. And the gift of her never ending friendship. Don't ya just love to do the unexpected..... I wish you could smell these.
For Clarion :)

I have been buying Arney big can's of Peaches. He seems to be craving them. So I have been saving the can's without really having a reason. So I came up with this idea and I really thought it turned out fun. The ribbon is like a linen, but more rustic. I used letter stamps to put the word Lavender on the ribbon. It is fun to do something different now and then.
I am still cutting Lavender, it will take awhile, and I will let them dry in these very large cans.







5 comments:

Lynn Cohen said...

the lavendar is beautiful I have some in my yard too. Your friend will love it.

Cat said...

I wish I could smell that too. You have quite a lot of lavender.
Sweet of you to give to your friend, she will be tickled I'm sure. : )

♥Mimi♥ said...

I have some lavender in my yard and never thought of cutting it for the house because it's just so darned pretty. But I'm in the mood today for something that is lovely and smells good, too! Afty, I deserve i!t, don't I?

Be sure to get your's done, too☺

Julie said...

What a sweetheart you are, to do that for your friend. I love the idea of using the big tin can and the ribbon with stamped lettering. A very nice effect!

Werna Gail said...

I love the recycle ideas.I do not know if I can grow lavender here, I'll have to check it out. That would sure be nice. What a great friend you are and so thoughtful.