Tuesday, September 11, 2012

We will never forget!!!!

9-11_Remembrance_edited-2

I was trying to think of something

special to say today about this awful

event in all our lives. But it really has all been said over and over.

Today is my sisters Birthday…so I try to only think of her special day.                                                I really think I was in a coma on 9-11-2001. Doing the day to day things. Going to work, fixing dinner for my Arney and loving my kids. Just living my life and a lot of time spent thinking about my Mama.

I never felt more awake than when the news came. I wanted to go home. I needed to talk to my family. I knew my Mama would be glued to the TV and she needed me.

So many feelings and so few words.

                    Mary

4 comments:

NanaDiana said...

Oh- Yes- Mary- I remember the daze of that day and the days afterwards, too...of wanting my family around me- xo Diana

Ruth Kelly said...

I was at work and someone told me to go to the news on my computer. I just sat there and cried and cried.

Lynn Cohen said...

Yes, exactly!

Susie said...

Hi Mary, sorry I missed this post the day you made it. I know what you are saying. xo, Susie