Friday, February 15, 2013

All Thumbs…Learning to Knit!!!

It was so much fun, I had to laugh at myself and that is always a good thing. I had a great time and Gracie is very patient. Along with being a very special friend. knit 022 What have I done so far, not much. I have taken more out than I have put in. For those of you who knit, I look pretty funny right now. Often confused, but determined.DSCN3079

          Knitting Pledge…..

1. I promise not to cry!

2. No throwing of knitting needles…they could put your eye out.

3. Do not yell at Finley for getting the yarn.

4. Pay attention to my husband while knitting even though you are trying to concentrate.

5. I will keep trying even if I feel like I am all thumbs.

6. I will not stop cleaning house while I go through this learning curve.

7. And always remember that no one made you do this…I love you Gracie!!!

3 comments:

Janet said...

I know just how you feel! I took some knitting classes several years ago and I was the same way...all thumbs. But you'll get the hang of it if you keep practicing.

Twyla and Lindsey said...

Congratulations on learning to knit! I learned when I was 11 years old! I have always loved it and find it very soothing. You probably wonder how! If I might give one suggestion I would recommend learning on circular knitting needles at least till you get the hang of it. They are easier to manage for most beginners. Good luck! Twyla

Ruth Kelly said...

I learned when I was 12 and made some spectacular sweaters through the years. Once you learn, it is like riding a bicycle, you never forget.