Tuesday, April 2, 2013

The little bags are done…..

DSCN3133

DSCN3134 DSCN3137

These little bags will be at the Mother/ Daughter dinner at the church we go to. I made 210 bags. That was the count of the people coming. Now I can clean up my living room. I will take them to my knitting class on Thursday. The bags are for a Journal that will go in each bag along with all that will be needed to follow the theme of the Dinner.

     Proverbs 31

Give her the product of her hands, and let her works praise her in the gates.

The journal will be a way to remember the night. There will be all that they need to make it their own within the little bag.

I am proud of the Bracelets and the bags,It gave me joy to be apart of this special evening.

I have neglected all of you while I worked on this project. I will catch up in the next couple of days.

     Love, Mary

7 comments:

Susie said...

Wow, that is a lot of work. You should be proud, they look so pretty. I know everyone will enjoy getting one. xoxo,Susie

Connie said...

Wow, what an amazing undergoing. That was a lot of bags to make and they are so pretty. Your dinner sounds wonderful.
My Steve and I are celebrating 37 years of marriage. Come visit and put your name in the hat to win a $25 Amazon gift card :)
Your blogging sister, Connie :)

NanaDiana said...

Mary- You are such a good soul. What a labor of love for you. They turned out beautifully and that is an amazing amount of work- xo Diana

Ruth Kelly said...

I am impressed - you are so talented. I know those girls will love what gifts they receive.

Lynn Cohen said...

210? Wow!! I am impressed, and they are very pretty. Perfect for this occasion!

Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog today dear Mary !

A Magical Whimsy said...

Well, Mary
I am trying to write a comment about how lovely the bags are. Sorry...talking about bags hit my funny bone! Your are a sweetheart to be contributing to this very sweet event. Since I am an 'old bag' I am having a hard time keeping a straight face and not laughing until my sides ache! Seriously though, I know the ladies at church will adore these beautifully created bags...God created 'old bags' after all! I hope you are having a good laugh too! We all need a good laugh once in a while. I can imagine the bags took days to make. Just like me...God took years to make this 'old bag'.
Teresa in California
http://amagicalwhimsy.blogspot.com/
And thank you for coming to my blog for the sweet comment you made about the dolls I am selling for a worthy cause.

Janet said...

The little bags look beautiful. You really put a lot of time and effort into making the bracelets and bags. I hope people appreciate you!