Saturday, February 28, 2009

The Birthday Party

page # 18 Ruth was so excited about the party, she could hardly think about anything else. Everyone was busy getting the garden ready and all Martha could say is..."It is going to rain!" Della Mae wouldn't let me in the kitchen, she gave me stricked orders that I was to stay out! Father was a man of few words, but he was sick and tired of all the fussing around. "What next, is the Governor coming?" Sydney had to get the buggy ready to pick Grandmama and Grandpapa Carpenter up at the train Depot. I heard Sydney talking to the horses." Dear Lord, it's not like I haven a nuff stuff to do around here, Sydney do this, Sydney to that!" Mother looked like her hair was on fire, running around doing this and that and complaining about everything. I told Della Mae to make me a pink cake, with custard filling, she looked like I had ask her for a kidney. Lord Child, Princess Ruth, "go busy yourself!" Ruth wanted to go to school like Clara Neely. Clara will be going to school in the fall. She will be going to a all girls school, and live there. She will come home on holidays. Mother has said no so many times, but maybe she will say yes now that I am on the new medicine and 5 years old.










2 comments:

Jodi said...

Mary ~ I wanted to pop in and thank you for checking on me. I seem to have found myself taking a blogging break without meaning to. Baby and I are both doing fine and all is well with my family. :o)

I will definitely need to find some time to catch up on your Ruth Carpenter series. What a creative project ... on so many different levels!

Hope you and yours are all doing well.

Lena said...

Mary your Ruth book is quite wonderful. You've been very creative with your pages and the story is interesting.