Tuesday, February 24, 2009

The Lamp


You may want to click on the picture to see this better. The story of this lamp starts with a lunch with the ladies I have lunch with on Friday's. Across the street from the Cafe' is a consignment store. So before the gang came I went in to look at some of the stuff. This ugly lamp was sitting on the table, for some reason I liked the shape of the lamp, but is was ugly. I paid 5 dollars for it and hid it in my car because no one would understand what I saw. I brought it home took the lampshade off and painted the lamp peachy white and found a shade that I liked and it sat on my table, never really making me happy, but I had paid for a new shade, just make do.
So this morning while continuing to clean, the lamp seemed to be calling me, look think, do.
So I put the beads on the shade and I thought it was okay, but not looking like I wanted it to.
I got out the paint, got out some flowers, sandpaper, glue and this is the results. I may change the tassels, but for the most part, it works for me. Now all I need is the right colored light bulb....it's a little bright. I think it looks better than these pictures... I may have some more idea's for the lamp....


6 comments:

Barb Smith said...

I love it! I can certainly see why its shape called out to you, and for only $5? I'd have grabbed it, too. I love what you did with it...you go, girl!
Peace, Love & Art,
~Barb~

Lynn Cohen said...

Fun and creative!!!!

Janet said...

Who could pass up such a pretty lamp for only $5!! And I love how you changed it. You're always so creative.

ShabbyInTheCity said...

Oh how pretty! I love the soft glow of a lamp. I bet I would have understood your purchase!

Carrie J said...

I really like what you did with it.
Lovely.

Kelli said...

What a beautiful makeover! You did a great job!
~Kelli