Sunday, February 1, 2009

Della Mae, Martha, Cordelia, Dr.Brown, Dr. Harper,Sydney and Nancy

These are the people in Ruth's life that she often called her friends. Her days were filled with their presents. Della Mae loved her, but often would scoot her out of the kitchen. Martha was fun, almost like having another child in the house, but she worked hard. Martha knew everything that went on in the Carpenter house and often shared things she shouldn't. Cordelia is beautiful and keeps to herself, but Martha thinks she secretly cares for Sydney. She says they talk in the back yard sometimes and she thinks he took her hand one morning...of course she wasn't sure of what she saw. Dr Brown calls me little miss. Father thinks we need to give him a room in the house since he is here so often. Dr. Brown has a small buggy pulled by Gobber his old horse. Gobber can be lazy, you can sometimes hear him yelling at Gobber as he goes down the Avenue. Dr Harper was so kind she put him on her list of friends. Sydney is Fathers right hand man and a hard worker. He loves to play games when he is not busy. He has the biggest bag of Marbles I have ever seen and beats me every time. Sydney says I am the little princess of the Painted Lady. And then there is Nurse Nancy, she is my teacher, my friends and she cares for my every need. Aren't Friends wonderful, they like you even when you are naughty....
Page #6

2 comments:

Lynn Cohen said...

Another beautiful chapter in this story book! So well done.

Shopgirl said...

Thank you Lynn, It has been a work of love for me...Hugs, Mary