Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Something old is new again :)

DSCN2748

For along time there was three stackable boxes that I used in the back of the closet to store stuff in. They are covered with fabric, and really in bad shape. I think I paid a dollar for all three at a yard sale.

In our new room I thought it would be fun to leave the fabric on the boxes and paint them white. Then find a few images that I liked and collage them on the newly painted boxes.

DSCN2750 DSCN2752 DSCN2764 DSCN2766

On this theme we continue the work on the loft. Something old is becoming new again.DSCN2730

New trim on all the windows.DSCN2735

Also the closet trim….

DSCN2737

DSCN2745

Storage doors on both sides of the room.

We are cold and it looks like it could snow at any moment. DSCN2762

Baseboards are done…..so now on to the painting and new hardware on doors. Then the carpet.

DSCN2740 I decided on a coco brown…it will be warm and easy care.

So we are coming down to the end of the remodel…but as you can see, we still have more to do.

I hope you are all getting excited about Thanksgiving. Love, Mary

5 comments:

Janet said...

I can see the room is coming together. It won't be long now. And I love those boxes! They look like something you bought at an expensive store. You're so creative.

NanaDiana said...

Those boxes look fantastic. Like they came out of a boutique somewhere. Gorgeous. I can't wait to see you get moved into your new room. It is really coming along now- xo Diana

Kate Robertson said...

Those boxes are gorgeous! thanks for the nice comment on my sketch today,

Sharon Tomlinson said...

Mary, this loft room is going to be so fabulous. Your new old boxes are so excellent too.

Ruth Kelly said...

Very clever of you making those boxes look so spiffy. I love them! Your room upstairs is starting to look like a new room.